Federated ArcGIS Server shows not Edit Capability

Jump to solution
12-17-2020 05:05 AM
AbdelrahmanAbdelrazek
New Contributor III

Hello,

We have a federated ArcGIS server 10.7. After registering a user managed DB (Oracle) and publishing a feature service we found that (Edit-Update-Delete) are not listed under operation allowed section in ArcGIS Server as shown in the attached picture.

- We tried publishing this feature service directly to Portal and also tried doing so though ArcGIS server and we are Getting the same behaviour in both.

I would appreciate any suggestions about this.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

That is due to the fact that it was not published as a feature service with the edit capabilities and that those capabilities are managed at the server not the portal level; https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/configure-web-feature-layer.htm

--- George T.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Has the registered DB connection in the Data Stores tab got those privileges?

It also looks like you're looking at the Map Service properties 'mapping', have you published it with feature access capabilities? Click on the Feature Access box within the capabilities tab -> Select and Configure capabilities.

AbdelrahmanAbdelrazek
New Contributor III

Thanks @DavidPike  for your response.

The DB connection has does those privileges.

I published the service with feature access capabilitiess.

It is even shown on the manager that Feature access is enabled as shown in the attached picture.

DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Cool, if you click on where it says 'feature access' it will show you the properties, at the moment you're just seeing the map image service properties.

AbdelrahmanAbdelrazek
New Contributor III

Great, I can see the capabilities now......but the question is why I'm not able to see that this feature layer is editable in Portal in the setting section, also when I show the layer on the map, I can see the edit option but it says "Feature creation is disabled for all layers"

Do you have any suggestion ?

George_Thompson

That is due to the fact that it was not published as a feature service with the edit capabilities and that those capabilities are managed at the server not the portal level; https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/configure-web-feature-layer.htm

--- George T.
AbdelrahmanAbdelrazek
New Contributor III

Thanks so much @DavidPike  and @George_Thompson  for your response.
This main problem is that I was looking for the Editing options in the setting tap on Portal and also the "Create view layer" and couldn't find them.

And that is why I thought editing not enables. But after checking the link @George_Thompson  provided I found that those options won't be shown if the data source is a user managed DB. But the feature layer is published and has whatever capabilities selected while publishing the service.

Thanks agian!

George_Thompson

Is the Oracle DB a geodatabase or just a DB with spatial data (SDO geometry)?

--- George T.
AbdelrahmanAbdelrazek
New Contributor III

Thanks @George_Thompson  for your response.

This is DB with spatial data (SDO geometry)

George_Thompson

Here is some information to help with this: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/prepare-data-for-feature-ser... in terms of feature services and capabilities and preparation. 

--- George T.