Feature Analysis and Raster Analysis tools failing after upgrade

Jump to solution
09-05-2018 07:59 AM
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

After upgrading from 10.6 to 10.6.1 all of the Feature Analysis and Raster Analysis tools in Portal for ArcGIS fail with a blank error message box. However, monitoring the web traffic reveals this error message for all the tools: "Invalid value for parameter inputLayer- Details : Portal request self failed with error Proxy server got bad address from remote server (verify the server is running). (status code 504)."

This is the only thing I can find that is not working in our ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. I can still query, view, edit, publish hosted feature services. So I know that our Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS for Server can still talk to each other correctly. According to the web traffic the service that is supposed to hold the analysis results is created on ArcGIS for Server and it is successfully added to Portal for ArcGIS as an item. The tool then fails because the tool on ArcGIS for Server cannot access the input layer through Portal for ArcGIS.

Has anyone else seen this?

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joshua-Young

So I cannot explain why this fixed the issue, but manually stopping/starting the PublishingTools and PublishingToolsEx services fixed the problem. I had stopped/started PublishingTools several times, but I forgot about PublishingToolsEx since, at least on my deployment, it does not show up in the ArcGIS Server Manager site.

First I stopped/started PublishingTools from ArcGIS Server Manager site, and then stopped/started PublishingToolsEx from the ArcGIS Server Admin site.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThomasDAVID
New Contributor

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Joshua-Young

Unfortunately, I have not found a solution yet. If I find one I will post it here.

0 Kudos
Joshua-Young

So I cannot explain why this fixed the issue, but manually stopping/starting the PublishingTools and PublishingToolsEx services fixed the problem. I had stopped/started PublishingTools several times, but I forgot about PublishingToolsEx since, at least on my deployment, it does not show up in the ArcGIS Server Manager site.

First I stopped/started PublishingTools from ArcGIS Server Manager site, and then stopped/started PublishingToolsEx from the ArcGIS Server Admin site.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos