excluding print formats & layout templates from print gp service

06-05-2013 12:14 PM
JanicePoehlman
New Contributor
I'm having two issues with a print gp service:

a) I've tried removing print formats EPS and SVGZ from the print gp service by unchecking these values in the format settings of the service editor; and
b) I've tried removing 2 layout templates and MAP_ONLY by unchecking these values in the layout template settings of the service editor.

Each time I finish analyzing and publishing a .sd or saving a service definition file and publish using tools the REST endpoint/application includes the entire set  of print formats [ PDF, PNG32, PNG8, JPG, GIF, EPS, SVG, SVGZ ] and also includes every MXD in the template folder, as well as MAP_ONLY.

I can eventually remove the unneeded MXD files from the template folder, which should remove them permanently from the template list, so that's not really a long term issue.

Anyone experience the same thing?

Anyone know how I can get the service to show only the print formats I want?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
Janice,
unfortunately, these are known issues.
Currently, unchecking any formats or templates from the Service Editor dialog box has no effect.

removing template mxds from the folder is a workaround for templates. but there is no workaround for choosing a subset from the format list.
0 Kudos
NickShoup6
New Contributor

Has there been a resolve to this issue yet? I am setting up a gp print service using arcgis server 10.3.1 and am seeing the same bug.

0 Kudos
arunepuri1
New Contributor III

1. Create new print_gp with required format with required templates.

2. In UI restrict/filter only required format and templates.

PrintTemplate (legacy) | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

0 Kudos