Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
59 Replies
GeoffreyWest
Occasional Contributor III

Visit your task manager and see how many SOC processes you are running, these are map services, if your server is hosed down with these processes it might affect your publishing tasks.

Is your data registered with the server?    

StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

Are you maxing out your resources (ram/cpu) on the ArcGIS Server machine?  To check these, start the Task Manager and click the performance tab.  Also what are your system specs: OS, Ram, etc..?

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks guys for the help,

1. The data source either the file geodatabase or enterprise are all registered
  2. Here you go the specs of my machine and the services.

Clip_794.jpg

Clip_793.jpg

Clip_792.jpg

Clip_791.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
GeoffreyWest

How many services are you running?  It is recommended 4 per core, it looks like you are well under with the given screen shot. 

GeoffreyWest

Have you tried publish the service draft from your root folder or overwrite an exisiting service?    

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

I use to get that same error a lot on version 10.1.  After clicking ok on the error it would take me back to the publishing window and I would click publish again and most of the time it would go through.  Have you tried republishing right away?  That issue went away when we upgraded to 10.2.2.  Of course, you mentioned you are already using 10.2.2.  Have you put in an ESRI Tech Support ticket?  This might also be worth checking, but could your firewall or antivirus be blocking you from publishing?

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks guys for the prompt help,

1. Does this mean that if I delete some of my services such that the total ArcSoc.exe is less than 64 (4*16 cores), then this issue should be resolved?

1. Clicking publish after getting the error message reproduces the same error.

1. I’ll be contacting ESRI-USA if our local company fails to solve the issue

Any other suggestions?

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
sapnas
by

Arcsoc represents number of instances specified in your map service. Can you bring down the instance to minimum of 1 and maxmimum of 5? Is there a reason you have to specify that many  instances for a map service? you don't need that many instances unless there are hundreds and thousands of users concurrently accessing the mapservice. BTW I would keep maximum to 2 for now you can increase the instances depending on how extensively the map service is utilized.

GeoffreyWest

If your SOC processes are consuming many resources then yes, in my experience after stopping SOC processes server performance increased significantly. 

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
  1. At the moment, I have 38 services each with 1 and 5 as min and max number of instances respectively. Nevertheless, the problem persists to exists

1. As my machine is of 16 cores, then it can take up to 64 ArcSoc.exe. am I correct?

However, it appears that this issue is not relevant to the capacity as I still have it in front of my eyes.

Clip_796.jpg

Clip_797.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos