EGDBHealth maximum results

Jump to solution
02-18-2022 01:02 AM
yockee
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

When about to run egdbhealth tool, i got message : "WARNING: Connecting user (SDE) is the owner of the eGDB, but they do not have the 'SELECT ANY DICTIONARY' server privilege. Many queries will fail to execute; conslut the eGDBHealth documentation for permissions information.
You may click the 'Run' button to execute eGDBHealth, but you are encouraged to get the 'SELECT ANY DICTIONARY' privilege."

What is the maximum number of records (Names) or Categories yielded after running the egdbhealth.exe without the "SELECT ANY DICTIONARY" privilege ? By having SELECT ANY DICTIONARY privilege granted, will it change the number of rows obtained and/or giving out more technical recommendations ? 

I am using SDE user to run it. I get :

1. Context : 70 Names in 17 Categories

2. Expert : 171 Names in 7 Categories

Thanks 🙂

BTW : there slight typo in the egdbhealth app. See the warning section.

@DannyKrouk 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DannyKrouk_ps
New Contributor II

Hi Yockee,

The effective incremental privileges you get by granting "SELECT ANY DICTIONARY" to SDE depends upon the privileges that it starts with.  Generally speaking, the number of queries that can be executed when this privilege is granted is considerable ... which is why it is flagged in the UI.  In the documentation, you can see the alternatives which allow you to make more targeted, minimum privilege decisions based on your specific objectives (section 5.G.)

Thanks,

Danny

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DannyKrouk_ps
New Contributor II

Hi Yockee,

The effective incremental privileges you get by granting "SELECT ANY DICTIONARY" to SDE depends upon the privileges that it starts with.  Generally speaking, the number of queries that can be executed when this privilege is granted is considerable ... which is why it is flagged in the UI.  In the documentation, you can see the alternatives which allow you to make more targeted, minimum privilege decisions based on your specific objectives (section 5.G.)

Thanks,

Danny