Edit Settings is disabled when accessing Portal using the web adaptor

02-06-2017 04:07 PM
SirisengArounsack
New Contributor II

I am trying to federate my ArcGIS Server with Portal but when I log in as administrator using the web adaptor, the Edit Settings link is disabled in the "My Organization" page. If I do not access the page using the web adaptor, the link is enabled. I click on Servers->Add Server and it complains that "Federation of servers is disabled when accessing the portal without using the web adaptor".  Can someone please shed some light on what it is I'm doing wrong. Initially I thought maybe it had to do with not using signed certificates from a certificate authority so I requested a signed certificate and installed it on my web adaptor, portal and server but the issues remains. Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks.

13 Replies
JoeRogan
New Contributor III

This week I had a similar issue with the Edit Settings button being disabled on my Portal (10.6.1).  After a few days of trying to fix it, the problem was the portal self defaultExtent property was set to a value that was not valid.  Not sure how this happened, but using the REST API I was able to remove the bad value and fix the issue.  Hope this helps anyone else who comes across this post, as its the only one that comes up on Google for this issue.

0 Kudos
MAGIS_MADA
New Contributor

Help me.... I got same issue..

My "Edit Settings" was disabled.

I don't know why..

before this, all is fine

0 Kudos
MAGIS_MADA
New Contributor

I already tried all method above..

I login using admin privilege. checked all setting on /portaladmin, /arcgis/admin..  but can't found the answer.

Help me Master !!

0 Kudos
MAGIS_MADA
New Contributor

Alhamdulillah... Finally my problem was solved..

I don't know why.. my "Edit Setting" back to normal after i restart my server.😁

0 Kudos