Database user name and current user schema do not match

Jump to solution
02-12-2016 10:07 AM
Chang-HengYang
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Thank you for your time in advanced. I have a issue with the tool "Feature class to feature class" in ArcCatalog. Our Database server is SQL Server 2012. The message shows that "Database user name and current user schema do not match " and "DBMS table not found". In addition, the Sever Manager (Windows Server 2012 R2). The attached files show the messages provided by the Windows server.

By the way, I used to execute the tool "Feature class to feature class" smoothly until the accident shutdown . the IT staff has restarted this windows server. However, the issue still exists.  

Could everyone show me some opinions for this issue?

Thanks,

Hank

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Try setting the default schema to NMBGMR\hyang for the GISData database.  Then execute the Feature Class to Feature Class tool.  Do you receive the error?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JakeSkinner

HI Chang,

How are you connecting to the enterprise geodatabase?  Are you using Database Authentication, or Operating System Authentication?

0 Kudos
Chang-HengYang
New Contributor III

Hi Jake,

I am using the Operating System Authentication (Windows).

Thanks,

Changheng

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

If you go to SQL Server Management Studio > Security folder > right-click on the username > Properties.  Click on 'User Mapping' at the top left.  Does the schema match that of the user name?  i.e.

User                        Schema

domain\user             domain\user

0 Kudos
Chang-HengYang
New Contributor III

Hi Jake,

The image shows the info you asked. I was trying to execute the tool "Feature class to feature class" in database GISDate.

Thanks,

Hank

Message_SQL_Featureclass.jpg

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Try setting the default schema to NMBGMR\hyang for the GISData database.  Then execute the Feature Class to Feature Class tool.  Do you receive the error?

0 Kudos
Chang-HengYang
New Contributor III

Wow Jake,

Thank you so much for the solution. It is working!! However, why do you think the issue from SQL server not the windows server?

Thanks,

Hank

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

When working with ArcGIS, the username must match that of the schema.  Unless the user has db_owner or sysadmin privileges, in which case the schema will default to DBO.

Chang-HengYang
New Contributor III

Why do not you think the issue was from the windows server problems since I posted two files in the first post?

Thanks,

Hank

0 Kudos