Dashboard Monitoring

03-20-2018 11:23 AM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

All,

this question will certainly show my lack of knowledge when it comes to dashboards...

I envision having a dashboard that I could use to monitor the real-time performance of my Esri Server and the requests that are being made to the server throughout the day. I'm not sure if its possible, but would love to be able to see the real-time info of how many requests are being made, what service is getting requested the most, avg response time, etc.

Our services are map services and locators, I'm not sure if this is possible either but to have a map within the dashboard showing geocoded positions that were requested.

has anyone attempted this, or is this even possible?

thanks a bunch!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dave,

> I envision having a dashboard that I could use to monitor the real-time performance of my Esri Server and the requests that are being made to the server throughout the day. ... would love to be able to see the real-time info of how many requests are being made, what service is getting requested the most, avg response time, etc

FYI in ArcGIS Server Manager, under the Logs section > Statistics - you can see (and create) visual charts of various performance metrics of your web services. While not a "dashboard" per se, they do show performance metrics for the services.

About server statistics—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Also, if you have a complete Web GIS or "ArcGIS Enterprise Base deployment" you could also look into,

ArcGIS Monitor | Optimize Your Enterprise GIS 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

though the ArcGIS Monitor seems like a great new tool that could prove to be very useful, i dont think its useful for everyone.

for someone like myself and our sysadmin folk it will probably be a useful tool to have. but when our clients want to see how the servers are behaving, i dont think it really translates well to those individuals to really see and comprehend what is going on with the server.

just my two cents, thats why i think a "dashboard" approach would be extremely beneficial.

dave

0 Kudos