Copy content between Portal A and AGOL

Jump to solution
02-26-2018 10:51 AM
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III

Hello fellows,

In my quest of setting up a continuous deployment for ArcGIS artifacts, I have been setup a portal for ArcGIS inside my company network, and a company account in AGOL.

My idea is to have the internal portal for testing and QA, then move the content to a production environment in AGOL.

Looking for the tools that let me accomplish my goal, I found the following entry in ArcGIS enterprise documentation https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/linux/exam...

This script allows me to "copy" a Survey an a dashboard, but copied objects does not appear right:

1. the survey displays a warning icon, and do not work properly
  2. The feature layer created for the survey, is pointing to the portal in my intranet

What should I have to take into account in order to proceed to copy those artifacts? should I use another tool?

thanks for any tip

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cristian_Galindo

Jake Skinner‌ state in a similar question, 

the tool Clone items between ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise organizations. is the answer.

works perfectly!!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cristian,

FYI, you may want to look into the distributed collaboration capabilities to copy content between Portal for ArcGIS and your ArcGIS Online organzation.

Hope this helps,

TomWeisenberger
New Contributor II

Hi Derek,

Our 10.6 ArcGIS Enterprise has been recently setup on an Intranet server on our network.  I assume in this scenario we are not going to be able to set up a distributed collaboration with our AGOL?  We could possibly set up a Portal web adapter on a web server to get it connected to the internet.  Would that be necessary for outside Collaboration?  We'd prefer the Portal be purely inside our firewall if possible, so we'd have to weigh our options.

Thanks!

-Tom Weisenberger

Los Angeles County eGIS

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

Apologies for the late reply. I was out of the office on vacation when you posted and somehow missed the notification email that someone commented on this thread.

For specific requirements on enabling collaboration between your Portal for ArcGIS instance and ArcGIS Online, please see this help topic: Set up an ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online collaboration—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterp... 

Sorry again for the delay and hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Were you ever able to allow internet access for your Portal so you could collaborate between your Portal and AGOL to copy your content?

0 Kudos
Cristian_Galindo

Yes

0 Kudos
Cristian_Galindo

Jake Skinner‌ state in a similar question, 

the tool Clone items between ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise organizations. is the answer.

works perfectly!!!