Connecting To ArcGIS Server from ArcCatalog - Access Denied

10-01-2016 10:19 AM
GideonDalrymple
New Contributor III

Greetings all,

I've been trying to connect to a ArcGIS Server through ArcCatalog 10.0. the Server is 10.4 however. I keep getting this error message

I can't see any ArcGIS SOM service listed in component service. 

What did I do wrong? 

I really hope someone can answer before MOnday. Need it sorted before then. 

regards

Gideon 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gideon,

FYI: Be advised that the underlying internal architecture for ArcGIS Server was changed significantly from the 10.0 release to 10.1 and later releases. A lot of stuff under the hood was changed.

For this reason, I suspect ArcCatalog 10.0 can't properly connect to your 10.4 Server site. I don't think this connection configuration is supported. I suggest you try and obtain a copy of ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 to connect to your 10.4 Server.

Compatibility of ArcGIS 10.4.1 for Server with earlier versions—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server 

Hope this helps,

GideonDalrymple
New Contributor III

You are right Derek. I figured that out a few mins after I posted. lol.. I downloaded a latest trial and it worked. Thanks!!! for your reply!! 

0 Kudos
GideonDalrymple
New Contributor III

Hey Derek / anyone else,  I am now getting a new error message when I try to administer GIS server through Catalog. See attached. What can you make out of it? Both ArcGIS Catalog and Server

are 10.4.1 version.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gideon,

That is a pretty generic error message. There are some other GeoNet discussion threads that discuss possible solutions for the "Error:Proxy server got bad address ... " message,

ArcGIS Server Error 

???Proxy server got bad address from remote server (verify the server is running)???, 

Regarding the (status code 504) error, it may be a network problem,

HTTP Error 504 Gateway timeout Explained 

Suggest you contact your network admins.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos