Change ownership of ArcGIS Enterprise Sites

Jump to solution
09-03-2019 08:17 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

We just upgraded to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 from 10.6 and I inadvertently managed to set up Enterprise Sites by clicking on the icon in the App Launcher. As I understand it this creates a group (which contains lots of warnings about not deleting or modifying) and an app content item, both owned by me.  Is it possible to assign this content to a different user or will it be in the future? Seems like a real weakness to have it tied down to an individual user who might not be around for ever.

As we've not actually created any Sites content yet, what would be the consequence of deleting both the app and group and then activating Site via the app launcher again with a different Portal administrator account?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a bit tricky because there's a shared editing group in the mix. To do this...

• Unshare the site from the "Sites Administration Group
  • Update the owner
  • Reshare the site to the "Sites Administration Group"

As for the app launcher item, there's no harm in re-assigning this the same way. The reason this is shared this way is so, as you add members to that group they see Sites appear in the app launcher. In the next release of Enterprise (10.8) we will be simplifying this!

I would not delete the group. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a bit tricky because there's a shared editing group in the mix. To do this...

• Unshare the site from the "Sites Administration Group
  • Update the owner
  • Reshare the site to the "Sites Administration Group"

As for the app launcher item, there's no harm in re-assigning this the same way. The reason this is shared this way is so, as you add members to that group they see Sites appear in the app launcher. In the next release of Enterprise (10.8) we will be simplifying this!

I would not delete the group. 

GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Graham, that seems to have done the trick.

0 Kudos