Change GeoEvent service account to domain account

05-27-2021 01:26 PM
julian_svcs
Occasional Contributor

How do I change the service account for GeoEvent from a local account to a domain account?

Is this done with the ArcGIS Server configure account tool?

Thanks very much,

Julian.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The actual changing of the account is done from the Windows Services panel (the two gears icon), but the other piece of this is to give that domain account full control (or as close to it as possible) over the same GeoEvent folders on the hard drive.

0 Kudos
julian_svcs
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Is there anything in the registery that would need and update?

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Nope, there's nothing within the registry that needs to be adjusted

0 Kudos
julian_svcs
Occasional Contributor

Thanks once again. I am not sure if it is related to this (hence my post) but we are getting windows log errors after we initially changed the GE service account to a domain account:

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{0358xxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx9148}
and APPID
{3EB3xxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx6683}
to the user DOMAIN\svc_aztst_arcgis SID (S-1-5-21-6458xxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx7632) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

These start shortly after 12am (guessing it is just after the service refreshes).

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Does the domain service account have admin rights to the machine?

0 Kudos