Cant't register my enterprise GDB to ArcGIS for Server Manager

09-16-2016 11:50 AM
DanielPaul
New Contributor II

I am trying to register an enterprise geodatabase to ArcGIS for Server Manager. When I attempt to do this either through Catalog or ArcGIS fir Server Manager I get this area I get this error: "The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications software that is not supported." I there is something setup wrong on the SQL Server side. I have install native client and all other recommend software that ESRI has instructed.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the version of ArcGIS Server, SQL Server and its 64-bit native client.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DanielPaul
New Contributor II

We have installed 10.4.1 server and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP3 Native Client (64-bit)

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I hope the native client is same/higher version than the SQL Server, i.e. the SQL Server should be of version 2012 SP3 or lower.

Think Location
Juan_ManuelAngel
Esri Contributor

They can be two things :
1. Ensure that the user ArcGIS has write permissions on the SQL folder.
2. Have the native client installed at the same version of the server.

DarylHochhalter
Occasional Contributor II

Does anyone know if it makes a difference if you are using a local or domain account for acgis server? Are you trying to register the database with an OS account?

0 Kudos
andrewj_ca

Using a local or domain account doesn't matter.  We use a domain account because it's easier to manage the user across server environments.

0 Kudos
DarylHochhalter

Ok Thanks Andrew, perhaps this is the sort of error I might get if the password of the Server account was changed and we hadn't run the configure arcgis server account utility.

0 Kudos