Hi, I'm trying to publish a tool I built in model builder under ArcMap 10.6.1, to ArcGIS Server 10.6.
I'm having two problems with this.
1) It won't publish as a geoprocessing service, I keep getting the error 001270: Consolidating the data failed. I've tried rerunning the tool, saving the outputs to different (shorter filepath) locations, I've tried UNC paths, nothing works.
2) The second problem is that two of the four user input parameters are being forced on me by the publishing tool as constants, when they should be variables....why? I've checked the model in model builder and can't see any differences (The model runs fine and does what it's supposed to)
In the attached screenshots below, pole_screening_normal.png is what it's supposed to look like....the user selects a spreadsheet, creates or selects a workspace folder, creates a geodatabase inside that folder and gives a name to the poles feature class.
pole_screening_broken.png is what it looks like in the preview option in the service editor. I have no idea why it's doing this...?
Did you find a solution to this? I am also trying to publish a custom geoprocessing service from 10.6.1 arcmap to 10.6.1 server and getting the error 001270: Consolidating the data failed
Hi Katelyn, yes, I got a solution.
The problem was the that tool was trying to use a feature class in an instance of sde that wasn't registered with ArcGIS Server.
Go to Catalog, as (admin), not (user), right-click > Connect then right-click > 'Server Properties' then click on the 'Data Store' tab and make sure the feature class in the database you're trying to use is registered there. If not, then add it in. For me, I had xxxxTST instead of xxxxDEV registered. When I removed xxxxTST and inserted xxxxDEV, the tool published fine! Hope this helps.