Cannot delete portal item after upgrade to 10.6.1

Jump to solution
05-01-2019 06:49 PM
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from Enterprise 10.5 to 10.6.1. When I try and run the webgisdr the Portal backup is failing.

The backup is failing because portal can’t export  an item Export of the Portal repository failed. C:\arcgisportal\content\items\e5516d3106674d528b62b01621bce864

It is interesting that the 10.5 webgisdr backup ran without any issues suggesting that the orphaned items didn't exist ?

If I search for the item e5516d3106674d528b62b01621bce864 in the contents folder on the Portal server no files are returned. However if I search in the Portal itself through I can find the item. If I click on the item to try an access the item details to delete it nothing is returned.

I've tried going into the rest/sharing directory and into my content. I can see the items I want to list however when I select one to delete  and internal server error 500 is returned.

I've also tried re indexing the portal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clinton

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I managed to get this resolved via a support call with ESRI. There were a number of possibilities to work through. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I managed to get this resolved via a support call with ESRI. There were a number of possibilities to work through. 

0 Kudos
DevonBise
New Contributor III

Could you provide some details on what worked for you?

0 Kudos
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

This was quite a long process to resolve. ESRI tech support gave me a number of senarios that I had to work through  before I managed to delete the orphaned items. As this was not a standard fix I would recommend contacting ESRI support directly.

Thanks,

Clinton

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

#BUG-000122635 Update the error message when failing to reach an ArcGIS Server service from Portal for ArcGIS.

• Portal fails to delete several different items in content folder

ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bill,

Great to see this error has been fixed in 10.8. Thanks, for posting.

Clinton

0 Kudos
ScottLarkin
New Contributor III

Hi Bill,

Any chance we can get the resolution to Clinton's issue for removing the portal items as I am experiencing the same issue at version 10.6.1

Scott

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is this the error you are getting with "supposedly orphaned items"?

I just received clarification that the bug # is just to provide better error message, not to fix this promlem.

This link has steps to successfully delete portal items. Even newly added - non orphaned ones.

I have elevated the issue with Esri support lead.

Error: Unable to reach the server where the service is. Consider using calling deleteItem with optio... 

Error: Unable to reach the server where the service is. Consider using calling deleteItem with options = { 'force' : true } if the server won't be available anymore

0 Kudos
ScottLarkin
New Contributor III

Hi Bill,

The error I get in Portal is "Failed to determine if item can be deleted

Portal Error

Also when I go to the following URL - https://<portalURL>//sharing/rest/content/users/<username> and try to delete, I get an error "Unable to delete item", even with the Force deletion checked.

Delete serviceDelete Service Error

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is that as a portal admin or publisher?

0 Kudos