Can one share a Hosted Feature Service from ArcGIS Enterprise to ArcGIS Online via Collaboration?

Jump to solution
02-16-2019 10:35 AM
WilliamRice
Occasional Contributor II

I have ArcGIS Enterprise installed at my location with version 10.6.1 and all 20 patches and updates installed.  Using ArcMap 10.6.1, I have published a small point layer as a Hosted Feature Service (HFS) on my ArcGIS Enterprise Portal.  I want to make this HFS available to my ArcGIS Online site via the new ArcGIS Enterprise to ArcGIS Online Collaboration methods.  The HFS displays just fine in my Portal.  To share the HFS to ArcGIS Online, under Content, I select the Item and the Item's Service Definition, select Share > "Access and Update Capabilities", and then select the Group that is associated with my Collaboration Workspace.  After this step, an item for the HFS is created successfully in my ArcGIS Online.  However, when I try to view the HFS in ArcGIS Online in the Map Viewer, the map zooms to the proper map extents of the layer but the layer will not draw and I receive the message "The layer <layer name> did not draw completely".  When I try and open the Attribute Table, I receive the error "Error:  Accessing data failed".

Can one share a Hosted Feature Service from ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 to ArcGIS Online via Collaboration?  If yes, then how?

I have successfully shared Map Services and Tiled Basemap Map Service from AE to ArcGIS Online via Collaboration and the map services are working just fine in ArcGIS Online so I believe my installation and configuration of my ArcGIS Enterprise machine is correct.

Can someone else try and share a simple point layer as a Hosted Feature Service from their 10.6.1 ArcGIS Enterprise to ArcGIS Online and let me know if you are able to view and work with the HFS in ArcGIS Online?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WilliamRice

With Firefox Developer mode, I turned on the Console window and saw that I was getting a lot of the following messages:  "Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at  <URL for hosted feature service > (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing)".  This "Accessing data failed" message turned out to be a CORS issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WilliamRice

With Firefox Developer mode, I turned on the Console window and saw that I was getting a lot of the following messages:  "Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at  <URL for hosted feature service > (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing)".  This "Accessing data failed" message turned out to be a CORS issue.

0 Kudos