Select to view content in your preferred language

Cache status : Minus sign in size

02-22-2017 02:25 AM
FatinRimawi
Frequent Contributor

Hi all,

I am using 10.5, and while  I am caching an orthophoto, the cache size is appeared as below screenshot.

What might be the issue here?

Thank you

Best

Fatin

0 Kudos
12 Replies
FatinRimawi
Frequent Contributor

so these minus error do not affect the caching process?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I get errors when I run out of disk space or have some other issue with processing (maybe temp space filling up?)

Have you logged into ArcGIS Server Manager to Logs->View Logs   or the error reports to see what is happening?  I actually received a pretty detailed message when I ran out of space, fwiw.

Although my guess is other errors might be more cryptic.

Have you tried to contact tech support about the issue?  Other than my thoughts about the "-" maybe being a "truncate" value, if the count is too high....but maybe there is something else that is corrupt.  Did you try to modify the scale factors, maybe when it was processing....or edit the .xml directly and maybe have an error?

It's hard to say for sure if it is working properly or not, for sure.  But short of cancelling the process, you can actually try to look at the cache direct in ArcCatalog but browsing to the \arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache\<service>\ and previewing the "Layers" or the ..._ImageServer raster.  You will want to be careful to not put any locks on the scale of the cache it is working on, if you can help it.

FatinRimawi
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Rebecca for this explanation,  i will try that.

Best,

Fatin

0 Kudos