Select to view content in your preferred language

Auto populate value of primary/key fields of parent feature layers into fields of destination feature layers

10-07-2020 05:51 PM
AnjulPandey
New Contributor III

Solution Environment: 

Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1 (Fresh Build) 

ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 Standard Edition 

Context and Problem statement: 

I am using COTS edit widget in WAB enterprise portal application. There are requirements to edit related records from feature layers with one to many relationship.

Goal:  I want to auto populate value of primary/key fields F1 & F2 of parent feature layers into fields of destination feature layers while editing feature using Edit Widget in WAB Portal.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anjul,

Have you tried using the Smart Editor widget? Smart Editor widget—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise  

This widget allows you to access and edit the related tables for feature layers, extending the functionality of the standard Edit widget.

I came across another GeoNet post that discusses the auto-populate functionality further: https://community.esri.com/thread/221152-auto-populate-id-using-related-tables-in-smart-editor 

Hope this helps!

-Calvin

0 Kudos
AnjulPandey
New Contributor III

Hi Calvin,

Thanks for prompt response , I am using edit widget to provide Cut, reshape & snapping tool functionality as this tools are not available in Smart Editor?

0 Kudos