ArcGIS Server upgrade step 2 of 2 : Failed. Refresh auto-deployed services during upgrade

08-29-2022 03:28 PM
RogerHolmes
New Contributor II

We upgraded our GIS Enterprise from 10.9 to 11.0.  We have a single site install with Portal on the same ArcGIS Server.  The portal and web adaptor upgrades went well.   However, after installing the ArcGIS Server upgrade to 11.0, when presented with the server manager page to finish the install, an error occurred after continuing.

"ArcGIS Server upgrade step 2 of 2 : Failed.  Refresh auto-deployed services during upgrade"

I have a case open and was told they have seen this error and are waiting for an 11.1 patch.  What??  We looked at logs and ensured permissions on folders for the Windows Server service account.  No luck.  Maybe somebody has some ideas.  Thanks.

12 Replies
RogerHolmes
New Contributor II

The ESRI Support technician working on the issue has asked us to create a base install of Windows Server 2019, so we can install ArcGIS Enterprise from scratch and test upgrading to 11.0.  I guess he wants to be sure the VM hardware we run is not causing the issue.

0 Kudos
AhmedShehata3
New Contributor III

Hi Roger, any luck so far with this BUG? I'm stuck on this issue as well. Has it worked on Windows Server 2019?

0 Kudos
RogerHolmes
New Contributor II

A "Technical Account Manager" got back to me on our case and submitted a hotfix (in development) to test.  Therefore, the ESRI support tech assigned to my case and I installed ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 on a test server via the steps documented below:

• We installed .Net Desktop Runtime 6.0.
  • Ran ArcGIS Server 11.0 installer (no Portal).
  • Before creating a site, we installed the hotfix.
  • Lastly, we created the new ArcGIS Server site, which worked successfully.  We were able to successfully log into Server Manager.

Yesterday (Dec 5), an update to the hotfix was placed in an "In Product Plan" status:

Bug fixes are addressed in upcoming releases or general patches, or they may be addressed as ad-hoc fixes.  Enhancement requests are implemented in upcoming releases.

Updates have been made to the following defect which you are associated with:
BUG-000152288 - Creating a new site or upgrading to ArcGIS Server 11.0 may fail in some virtualized environments.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos