ArcGIS Server method argument cannot be null

07-14-2016 12:48 PM
michaelhumber
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to expand from one server to two in ArcGIS Server 10.4.1, following the instructions here:

Expanding from one GIS server to multiple GIS servers—Documentation (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server 

But I haven't been able to get very far. I've configured the folder at C:/arcgisserver/ to be read/writable by all, but I'm unable to change the configuration store and directories values for either machine (both the host and the new server). No matter which value I change, it throws a 500 error saying method argument cannot be null:

"ERROR: code:500, Failed to update the configuration store. Method argument cannot be null. Internal server error."

Same error happens if I try to change the output/cache/jobs/system directory values as well.

My understanding is that in order for the cluster to work I need to change these values to use the UNC path, which is why the C:/arcgisserver folder is shared. So, the location rather than C:/arcgisserver/config-store should actually be \\hostserver\arcgisserver\config-store

I cannot get the host to add the new server, nor can I have the new server add itself to the host, but I'm reasonably confident that the inability to connect to the config store is the source of the problems. Has anyone had this issue?

Cheers,

Mike

0 Kudos
0 Replies