ArcGIS Server Map Cache status is not available in ArcGIS Pro so when will it be? I want to get rid of ArcCatalog and ArcMap.

Jump to solution
10-28-2020 09:42 AM
FionaRenton1
Occasional Contributor II

I've been using ArcPro for everything for a few years, but it seems like we still need ArcCatalog to view the map cache status.

Is this planned to be in ArcPro sometime? When can we get rid of ArcMap completely? 

(I'm not upgrading Pro until ESRI fix the display XY bug in 2.7 anyway)

Edit service caching properties in Manager—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise  

Note:

While many settings for cache management and generation are available in ArcGIS Server Manager, those dependent on geoprocessing tools are not available. To modify these, you can access cache properties in ArcMap. In addition, some settings cannot be modified after publishing, and appear as read-only in Manager."

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Fiona,

This is indeed something that has not yet been implemented in ArcGIS Pro. I know that there is an existing enhancement request that is currently being reviewed by our development team.

ENH-000126352: For ArcGIS Pro include a equivalent GUI interface to View cache completion status that is available from a service via a service connection.

If you have access to Technical Support, please log a case and we can get you attached to this enhancement so that you can monitor its implementation status.

Additionally, you can submit an Ideas post for this as well: ArcGIS Ideas 

For now, the cache status can be viewed in the following ways:

-ArcGIS Server Manager

-ArcMap/ArcCatalog

-As the result of the Manage Map Server Cache Status tool Manage Map Server Cache Status (Server)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Calvin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Fiona,

This is indeed something that has not yet been implemented in ArcGIS Pro. I know that there is an existing enhancement request that is currently being reviewed by our development team.

ENH-000126352: For ArcGIS Pro include a equivalent GUI interface to View cache completion status that is available from a service via a service connection.

If you have access to Technical Support, please log a case and we can get you attached to this enhancement so that you can monitor its implementation status.

Additionally, you can submit an Ideas post for this as well: ArcGIS Ideas 

For now, the cache status can be viewed in the following ways:

-ArcGIS Server Manager

-ArcMap/ArcCatalog

-As the result of the Manage Map Server Cache Status tool Manage Map Server Cache Status (Server)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Calvin

FionaRenton1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks so much. I will do that.

0 Kudos
MarkChilcott
Occasional Contributor III

This functionality is critical to our workflow, so would be much appreciated.

While it is possible to get some details of cache completion from ArcGIS Server Manager, the result is not as complete as the information currently supplied in ArcCatalog.

I have seen information in the forum may be able to be returned from the ArcGIS Pro Job Status - but I think this is only from the owner that started the job.

0 Kudos