ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 Reverts to HTTP Only After Service Restart

Jump to solution
12-11-2017 07:30 AM
LucasScharenbroich
Occasional Contributor

I have a older 10.3.1 ArcGIS Server installation that I am maintaining.  Recently, the primary publisher of the server told me that the server is reverting to HTTP Only for its protocol after the service is restarted in the Windows Services control panel.

I've verified that this is, in fact happening.  After the service is restarted, a new config.json.rlock file is taken and than, after a few minutes (presumably after the server have completed startup), the rlock file is updates (new timestamp) and the config.json file is changed to set sslSecurity to false.  The config.json file have the same last modified timestamp as its corresponding rlock file.

Obviously updating from 10.3.1 is the final plan, but I am wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior and is aware of a way to fix it in the short-term.  The ArcGIS Server is a base installation and does not have any patches applied, as far as I know. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I think this is related to this issue:

[#BUG-000092050 ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Server on an Amazon Windows AMI reverts from HTTP and HTTPS to HTTP only if rebooted.]

I'll check to see when this was fixed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Is this machine on AWS perchance?

0 Kudos
LucasScharenbroich
Occasional Contributor

Yes! It's running on an m3.large and I *think* it was stood up using the Esri AMI originally.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I think this is related to this issue:

[#BUG-000092050 ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Server on an Amazon Windows AMI reverts from HTTP and HTTPS to HTTP only if rebooted.]

I'll check to see when this was fixed.