ArcGIS Server 10.2 Create new site fails

09-25-2013 02:33 AM
DaveAdams
New Contributor III
I have installed Server 10.2 as a fresh install - I removed 10.1 first. I have installed successfully and authorised with no issues. However when I try and create the new site the process takes forever and eventually bails - the error message is "failed to create site - failed to create default cluster".

I have investigated the logs in /usr and found the following - the creation of server directories etc seems fine but then
<Msg time="2013-09-25T09:02:14,216" type="SEVERE" code="6550" source="Admin" process="3036" thread="13" methodName="" machine="DAVEY-PC" user="" elapsed="">Failed to start the server machine 'DAVEY-PC'. Could not start application server within stipulated time.</Msg>
This is then followed by a series of other errors including 6518, 6516 and 6533

the server is up and running - I had no similar problems when I installed 10.1 on the same machine a few months ago

Any ideas would be appreciated - I have installed 2 or 3 times now and stopped and started the service etc.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
SatishNaik
New Contributor

My ArcGIS Server site was created successfully and arcgis server was up and running. At a later date some network IT policies were run on the system after which my ArcGIS Server services were all in the stopping mode (hung forever). When I checked my logs I found the following error:

"Failed to apply cluster protocol to cluster 'default'. C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\geronimo\var\config\config-substitutions.properties (Access is denied) "

As muhannad S. pointed out I just checked the arcgis account under Users and  Groups and found it be a member of just the Users group. Adding it back to the Administrators group resolved the issue.