ArcGIS online on my server (infrastructure)

Jump to solution
08-07-2015 01:20 PM
ClevitonMonteiro
New Contributor II

I'm working on a research that imposes some constraints in the acquisition of software licenses. Basically, this means that I can't buy the ArcGIS online subscription.

Then, I would like to know if it is possible to have the same functionalities of the ArcGIS Online on my infrastructure purchasing the ArcGIS Server license.

For example, I need to provide to my users the following functionalities online (through the web browser, not desktop):

- Create feature layers, add data points, define custom fields.

- Add web layers to a map

- Perform watershed analysis

- Trace routes by rivers

In addition, I will have to develop some JavaScript code to customize the functionalities according to our needs.

Any help?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

With ArcGIS Server Standard/Advanced, you will get an extension of Portal for ArcGIS. This extension can be used as an alternative of AGOL. Get in touch with your local Esri Sales Rep. for further details.

Portal for ArcGIS (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

With ArcGIS Server Standard/Advanced, you will get an extension of Portal for ArcGIS. This extension can be used as an alternative of AGOL. Get in touch with your local Esri Sales Rep. for further details.

Portal for ArcGIS (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

Think Location
ClevitonMonteiro
New Contributor II

Thanks Jayanta Poddar​.

As suggested I contacted again the sales representative in Brazil.

She told me that the license of the Portal for ArcGIS is provided together with the ArcGIS server license. However, if I do not renew the server license in the subsequent year, then I no longer will be licensed to use the Portal extension. Then it seems to be similar to the AGOL, which has to be renewed annually.

In addition, she told me that with the Portal extension I will not get the same functionalities of the AGOL.

Sincerely, I do not trust the information that the Brazilian representative is providing me. Is there any other way to get reliable information  and purchase the right licenses?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos