Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2 site not available after computer name change

02-23-2015 05:25 AM
FilipKrál
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I was installing ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2 (on Win 2008 R2) from scratch on a single machine. The site setup went smoothly but when I got to installing Web Adaptor I realized I need to change the computer name. Based on the information in common problems and solutions (ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)‌ ) I thought it was save to do so and that arcgis will pick up the change and configure the site properly.

Now the server is no longer available on http://localhost:6080/arcgis/manager and none of the other ArcGIS urls work (IE says "This page can't be displayed"). Task manager indicates ArcGIS Server process is not running but I cannot start it.

What should I do to recover the site?

Why did it not work (does the safe renaming apply only to computers registered in the site and not the site itself?).

Is it a good idea to try change some files in the config store?

I found some forum posts that described similar situations but for older versions.

Many thanks for any advice.

Filip.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Filip, why can't you restart the ArcGIS Server process? 

David

0 Kudos
FilipKrál

Hi David, I could right-click and press start, which seemed to work but the service status was still "Stoped".

Anyway, I changed the computer name back to the original value and that brought the ArcGIS Server Site back.

It would be good to know what happened and if renaming the machine that runs the site is possible.

Filip.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Filip,

After changing the Server machine name, you could have just uninstalled and reinstalled the IIS components from Control Panel. That should work.

If it doen't work, reinstall ArcGIS Server after the above steps.

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I would just do a reinstall of server and web adaptor.  That way you can reassign the directories and register the server with web adaptor

0 Kudos
FilipKrál

Hi all, thanks for the tips. We made it all work with the original name.

0 Kudos