ArcGIS Enterprise Sites logon

02-26-2019 07:31 PM
JamieTill1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am having an issue with ArcGIS Enterprise Sites. The workflow I am using for my customer is that I am creating individual Sites for their customers to access data directly. I don't want them to log into the Enterprise Portal via the Home page. 

The URL they will go to will be something like https://mycompany.com/portal/apps/sites/#/test  with test being the individual customer site. I don't want them to go to https://mycompany.com/portal/

In my Site I have a Web App (Web App Builder) that I shared with the customer group. I follow my URL and I get 

I sign in (in this case with my Portal Admin account) and my Site appears. However I also get a prompt to log into the Web App 

Not ideal as i have already signed in once and now i get prompted again. I have tried this in 10.6.1, 10.6.1 with the Sites patch applied and now in the 10.7 pre-release and i get the same behaviour across all three. 

Is it an allowed workflow to have a customer go straight to the Sites URL? If I go to the normal Enterprise home page and logon everything works as expected. Ideally i want the customer to go to their individual Site. 

It appears that the token is not being passed back to the application to allow it to be accessed. Sites can see that I am logged in but it is not recognising it when I try to view my Web App. My sites page will have a number of Web Apps. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
StevenRamirez
Esri Contributor

Hi Jamie, 

Accessing Sites created from Portal for ArcGIS should be accessible via their URL provided they have been shared with the public. In addition to the site URL being made public, the app, webmap, and underlying data must also be made public to be accessed with out a prompt.  I hope this information helps. 

JamieTill1
New Contributor III

Thanks for this Steven,

Issue we have is that we want the maps and data to be private. We want the customer to go straight to the Site and then login using a built in account and have the maps etc show without having to log in to the respective maps. So I guess it isn't possible unless the services are Public?

Cheers

Jamie

0 Kudos
StevenRamirez
Esri Contributor

Hi Jamie, 

Thanks for the follow up. A possible workaround to the prompt is to configure the Portal for ArcGIS Site to use third party SAML provider to handle authentication. Then configure client browsers to log on to sites with enterprise credentials. Or to configure Portal with Integrated Windows Authentication, and like wise configure the client browser to log on automatically with enterprise credentials.  If using Portal built in users, the sign in prompt will appear and direct users to the logon page hard coded to Portal. Hope this information helps. 

Alex_Reid
New Contributor III

I'm a year late, I hope you've gotten this fixed. We haven't seen this problem - all our customer users are added to groups representing their unit, and the items/maps/layers/data they are allowed to see are shared only with those groups. Then that group is exposed to the Site - usually through a Gallery or an embedded app. 

0 Kudos