Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise (Pro 3.0.1): Why the “reconcile” tool is not active when the source of parent version is selected?

Jump to solution
09-02-2022 05:20 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Enterprise (Pro 3.0.1): Why the “reconcile” tool is not active when the source of parent version is selected?

I observed that the “reconcile” tool is not active when the source of parent version is selected. It gets active as the child version is selected.

Is this by design?

Clip_1203.jpgClip_1204.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@JamalNUMAN yes, the reconcile is the process of retrieving any changes from an ancestor (parent) version.  Since the DEFAULT version does not have a parent version, the reconcile tool is inactive.  See more info here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@JamalNUMAN yes, the reconcile is the process of retrieving any changes from an ancestor (parent) version.  Since the DEFAULT version does not have a parent version, the reconcile tool is inactive.  See more info here.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

My understanding is that the reconcile is the process of one side data synchronization from parent to child (data that is available in parent are transferred to child) and thus I was assuming the “reconcile” tool needs to be active (as the parent data source is selected) and provides a list of child versions to apply the synchronization with

Tin return, the “post” process is the data synchronization from child versions to parent

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos