ArcGIS Enterprise in the cloud - pros/cons?

01-25-2018 08:07 AM
MatthewDowning2
New Contributor III

We are thinking about deploying the ArcGIS Enterprise stack in Azure or AWS. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Willing to share any pros/cons both from a technical and/or business perspective? Hybrid vs full cloud deployments?

Tags (2)
3 Replies
JohnPapageorgiou
New Contributor III

I am in the same situation here.  Any information relevant to Matthew's question would be helpful to me as well.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew and John,

> ... deploying the ArcGIS Enterprise stack in Azure or AWS. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Willing to share any pros/cons both from a technical and/or business perspective? Hybrid vs full cloud deployments?

Please take a look at this whitepaper, https://community.esri.com/groups/mobile-gis/blog/2017/10/25/arcgis-secure-mobile-implementation-pat... specifically section 5 - which discusses the different deployment options available for the ArcGIS Platform. It discusses pros/cons from a technical and business perspective(s).

FYI: I am in the process of updating this whitepaper to include content on the ArcGIS user types, GIS server roles, etc. The updated version should be available end of Oct/mid Nov 2019 timeframe.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
SultanaBaby
New Contributor

We are thinking about deploying the ArcGIS Enterprise stack in Azure but our current platform AWS. Does anyone have any experience which platform is better for ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder and VertiGIS for Microsoft Azure or AWS? 

0 Kudos