ArcGis Enterprise Builder. Uninstall and install again.

Jump to solution
03-15-2022 11:39 AM
RodrigoLama
Occasional Contributor

Due to a minor problem I have uninstalled and reinstalled ArcGis Enterprise.
In the uninstall, I erased all traces left by ArcGis: the folders on the C drive. The directories inside ProgramData and ProgramFiles were deleted, I even manually cleaned the Windows registry removing all traces or so I think.
Installing iso ArcGIS_Enterprise_Builder_Windows_1091_180077
The installation completes successfully, open the browser with the ArcGIS Enterprise Setup Wizard, before I open Software Authorization for ArcGIS Server, and successfully authorize my software.
I continue with the ArcGIS Enterprise Setup Wizard, follow the steps, and upload the license .json file. So far everything perfect.

I follow the next and next steps, I get to finish and…. process stops at step
1) environment validation.

RodrigoLama_0-1647369441803.png

Creator or advanced user type, this is the third time that I do everything from scratch, and in no previous step did it ask me to configure the webadaptor again, unless even though Arcgis Builder was uninstalled, continue anyway the webadaptor installed on the system... check the panel control and everything was uninstalled.

What should I do? =(

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Try deleting the hostname in the HTTPS binding (see below).  Leave the hostname blank:

JakeSkinner_0-1647429665249.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi @RodrigoLama,

If you go to IIS Manager>Machine Name>Sites>Default Web Site>Bindings, is there a hostname set there?  If so, try deleting this and see if the configuration wizard will let you proceed.

0 Kudos
RodrigoLama
Occasional Contributor

I have only the host server certificate installed, it only allowed to remove the https, but the problem persists.

RodrigoLama_0-1647377862515.png

In addition, the error that is showing me is from the webadaptor that I used in the previous installation. Now I bought a portal.miweb.cl subdomain certificate but the error continues to show me the previous webadaptor, even though I previously uninstalled it.

RodrigoLama_2-1647378580614.png

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Try deleting the hostname in the HTTPS binding (see below).  Leave the hostname blank:

JakeSkinner_0-1647429665249.png

0 Kudos
RodrigoLama
Occasional Contributor

You do not know how much I appreciate it, it has worked for me! 😃

I am left wondering if I should re-enter these host values later or just leave them like that?

RodrigoLama_0-1647432240500.png

RodrigoLama_1-1647432334207.png

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Leave them blank.  

0 Kudos