ArcGIS Enterprise Builder uninstall 10.6 windows freezes, how to fully reinstall ?

Jump to solution
02-25-2018 05:55 PM
FranciscoCosta1
Occasional Contributor

Hi i was trying to fully uninstall ArcGIS Enterprise v10.6 which was installed using builder. Now i'm uninstalling Builder like it says in here Uninstalling ArcGIS Enterprise Builder—ArcGIS Enterprise Builder Installation Guide (10.6) | ArcGIS ...  but it is stalled in Removing Portal for ArcGIS for more than two hours. I stopped all ArcGIS Portal, SErver and DataStore so no arcgis services. How to do this ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Just beneath those instructions were some Common Problems and solutions

Does this apply??

My setup fails to uninstall. The setup is interrupted and ArcGIS Enterprise Builder is still installed on my machine.

The ArcGIS Enterprise Builder requires the extracted files to be in the ProgramData\ArcGISBuilder<version> directory to uninstall. If you deleted these files, you need to extract them elsewhere and copy them back to this location.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Just beneath those instructions were some Common Problems and solutions

Does this apply??

My setup fails to uninstall. The setup is interrupted and ArcGIS Enterprise Builder is still installed on my machine.

The ArcGIS Enterprise Builder requires the extracted files to be in the ProgramData\ArcGISBuilder<version> directory to uninstall. If you deleted these files, you need to extract them elsewhere and copy them back to this location.

FranciscoCosta1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Dan, your answer is valid, although let me update things here. It looked like that it wasn't freeze, it just got like all those hours to uninstall.

Now that it successfully uninstalled Builder, i'm running CCleaner, and i think that is it, i will be able to reinstall it. 

If everything runs smoothly i will mark your answer as response, because original question was to be able to fully reinstall and i don't know if i'm missing something, so i will check and feedback soon to you guyes.

FranciscoCosta1
Occasional Contributor

Ok it looks like i may be better off using the manual ArcGIS Enterprise installation. I already did it once, and it looks like ArcGIS Builder is not properly installing, i keep getting this:

"The system cannot find the file specified.

File: c:\<extracted enterprise builder folder>\SetupFiles\Portal\SetupFiles\Documentation\install_guides\portal\GUID-0E8C735C-9B9E-45CB-B5EB-50C9209F4533-web.png."

Also:

Had to uninstall Bitdefender antivirus (since even disabling it was catching false act4 virus and not working), had to close Malwarebytes, and disable windows bitdefender. The CCleaner, and extract iso into c:\ again. And the path was less than the path size limits so i think this wasn't any problem.

So i'm going to do it manually. Also it took me a while to master manual installation but it pays off since you have more control and understand what's going on.

Any suggestions are welcome, i will conclusion this thread soon if no replies, and also mark Dan's answer as helpful. Although would be nice to get builder working, it may be due to a specific software bug or conflict with antivirus which left somekind of footprint even uninstalled avoiding the software to be installed accordingly. In other versions it may get fixed, although main goal here is to get Enterprise working hence the manual install.

0 Kudos
FranciscoCosta1
Occasional Contributor

Ok thanks all for feedback and adding response.

0 Kudos
SwerefTM
New Contributor III

I have a similar problem.

I am using Enterprise v 10.81 and have to uninstall everything and then reinstall. This I what I did

1. Installed everything with Enterprise builder

2. Try do uninstall all to use uninstall of  the Enterprise builder. 

3. The uninstall hangs in "Removing Portal"  I waited one hour but I dont come any further.

4.  So i tried to manual uninstall everything accordning to this instructions https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000023620

5. The uninstallation of Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Data Store of ArcGIS Web Adaptor worked but Portal is still left in the apps list in app and features and controllpanel/uninstall programs.  And Also the enterprise builder because it have not been uninstalled. 

6. So I tried to reinstall the builder but the installer want to first uninstall the builder but "Hangs" or dont get anu further then en initiation fase.

So now I amd stuck with a "half" uninstallation and dont know how to go further.

0 Kudos
SwerefTM
New Contributor III

Solved the issue above. I closed everythinh i the taskmanager the was left in the background prossesing. 

0 Kudos