ArcGIS Enterprise Builder 10.5.1 - configuration error

Jump to solution
07-28-2017 08:04 AM
DaveAdams
New Contributor III

All,

I also have a installation problem using the new ArcGIS Enterprise Builder 10.5.1 on a windows server. Looking in the installation logs all the software successfully installed but during the configuration wizard it fails on 4) Register Data Stores with GIS Server. I get the following error "Unable to register the Portal with the Web Adaptor. Please make sure that that the Portal is running and that the account specified has administrative privileges".

The Portal and server are both running and I can sign into them with my admin account.

Configuration wizard

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaredYost3
New Contributor III

After talking with support I have found that I did not need to run the Enterprise configuration wizard.  This is all done automatically by the Enterprise builder.  According to ESRI staff the reason it is failing in running the wizard is because it is already setup by the builder.  Now I'm just fighting a battle with federating, but that is for another thread.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
KanikaKumar
New Contributor

Can you please share the error from the Logs?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you able to go to the web adaptor configuration page? There should be one called server and one called portal

ArcGIS Enterprise Builder configuration wizard—Installation Guides (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

I want to see if you can hit https://[your machine.domain.com]/portal/webadaptor

0 Kudos
JaredYost3
New Contributor III

I am having the same error message. I have confirmation that portal is configured for  Web adaptor.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jared,

Are you using one web adaptor for both server and Portal? If so, that is not supported.

0 Kudos
JaredYost3
New Contributor III

I would assume the Enterprise configuration wizard would have handled that correct?  

0 Kudos
JaredYost3
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is correct, but I see a third web adaptor in your setup. 

0 Kudos
JaredYost3
New Contributor III

After talking with support I have found that I did not need to run the Enterprise configuration wizard.  This is all done automatically by the Enterprise builder.  According to ESRI staff the reason it is failing in running the wizard is because it is already setup by the builder.  Now I'm just fighting a battle with federating, but that is for another thread.

OMARGAAFAR
Esri Contributor

Any solution for this questions? I get the same following error "Unable to register the Portal with the Web Adaptor. Please make sure that that the Portal is running and that the account specified has administrative privileges".

0 Kudos