Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 upgrade group suggestion

11-14-2023 01:12 AM
NielsVemmelund1
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 upgrade experience thread

In the light of this summer "ArcGIS Web Adaptor 11.1 App Pool freezes" case i would suggest that we create an ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 upgrade experience group or thread, so we can share and be aware of any problems as early as possible.

I found the discussion and information in the ArcGIS Web Adaptor 11.1 App Pool freezes thread very useful and would like something similar for 11.2 upgrade.

Maybe our esri hosts at the community could create a version specific upgrade sub group here? 
a group might make it a bit more structured than one single discussion thread

9 Replies
RyanUthoff
Regular Contributor

I'm in favor of this idea. I would love to be able to see bug/issue reports from other people before I upgrade. The web adaptor fiasco is the exact reason why I wait a few months before upgrading (especially since it took Esri about 3-4 months to completely fix it). Let others find the bugs so Esri can fix them, so hopefully we'll have a smooth upgrade.

0 Kudos
NielsVemmelund1
New Contributor III

I agree that access to bugs is important - but that is bound by esri policies - and quite another game (and for a completely separate thread...)

I think it would be feasible to keep focus on sharing upgrade experiences (positive and negative) - and as a part of that knowledge about bugs is of course relevant.

0 Kudos
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

I like your style.  I was the author of that Web Adaptor post.  If we all wait for someone else to do it, then nothing will get done.  Stating the obvious I know, but I'll still be putting my neck out there and going hard/early and reporting my findings

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
NicolasGIS
Regular Contributor

On my side, upgrade went smoothly but I noticed the following one (so far):

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/arcgis-enterprise-11-2-item-settings-for/m...

NielsVemmelund1
New Contributor III

Thanks for sharing Nicolas

0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

This is a fantastic idea. I hope there are lots of smooth upgrades and not many bugs/issues reported.

0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

After upgrading to 11.2 we notice some Tile Layers (Hosted) item detail pages do not load in Portal. 

In the Content tab you can still select the layer and from there share it with a group, and within a Map bring the layer in (search for the layer in Portal and bring it in) and then display it in the web-map. But trying to check the summary, description, credits is not possible as the page does not load. This does not happen with all hosted Tile Layers only with a few of them (there is not consistency with the behaviour, some are shared with group, some are not). 

AndresEcheverri_0-1704861810017.png

0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

After weeks of engagement with Esri support, the answer is that the issue started in version 11.1. Status of the bug is "In Review", and while "in review" it might affec newer versions, like 11.2

BUG-000163200 - Hosted Tile Layers overview page in portal at 11.1 hanging after in place upgrade. 

MarkEiseman2
New Contributor II

Definitely would like to support the idea of gathering known issues for upgrading to 11.2.

CloudBuilder is giving me fits and have run into a few idiosyncrasies that I hope will get ironed out.  FOr instance, I cannot figure out how the CloudBuilder is determining the 15 character limit of the VM names in Azure when they are all less than 13 as a policy.  Also, it keeps trying to reference a server called "xxxSiteUpgradeVM" but it violates the 15 character limit.  xxx = the original prefix but it was used for resources in the RG but not the server name.  Anyone with thoughts?

0 Kudos