Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 is not printing features with custom print widget

05-05-2023 10:56 AM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Hello. I need your help friends.

I just installed ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 yesterday and found out that my custom print widget is not able to print feature service features. The pdf map from the print widget comes out blank with just the base layer and no features on it.  It prints image service and tile service features, but not feature service features. I'm in distress. All our agency application are built using Web AppBuilder applications and they have feature service in them because we want folks to be able to edit features, however when printing the features do not show up. This issue will render our enterprise useless.

Please help. I'm sure one of you have a resolution or work around.

Thank you,
Abi

51 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you all for reporting this. My apologies. We will look into this with high priority.

One question - are your services private i.e. requiring credentials to access them?

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

Thank you @TanuHoque . Yes, they are private and require credentials to access them.

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks @AbiDhakal for prompt response.

followup question -- did you happen to try with a public service (that doesn't require credentials)? did that work for you?

are your basemap layers from arcgis online? or your own and they are secured too?

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@TanuHoque 

Thank you for the clue. I made my service public, but made sure I had 'Enable ownership-based access control on features'. I first did this for only the feature service and that did not help, so I made both image service and feature service public as well as 'Enabled ownership-based access control on features', my legends are now showing up. I can only hope that my service do not get into public hands. Do you have any suggestion? Just to let you know I'm testing this with some of your Esri colleagues.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@TanuHoque I think, I tried that before but do not exactly remember the outcome, but I can quickly try and let you know now. My basemaps are from Esri.

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @AbiDhakal 

Meanwhile, I looked at the other bug that mentioned. Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this in house with the repro steps included in the bug. And I don't anyone else reported the legend issue either. Looks like you are some unique situation that made legend to not show up for feature layer. We are working with the support analysts to figure out a way to repro that and we can go from there.

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for the clue. I made my service public, but made sure I had 'Enable ownership-based access control on features'. I first did this for only the feature service and that did not help, so I made both image service and feature service public as well as 'Enabled ownership-based access control on features', my legends are now showing up. I can only hope that my service do not get into public hands. Do you have any suggestion? Just to let you know I'm testing this with some of your Esri colleagues.

@AbiDhakal 

thanks for providing me your test results. With 'image service', did you 'map image layer' (off a map service) or 'image service layer' (off an image service)?

But it is still odd that you had to make it public to see legends. Once the analyst reaches back to me, we will investigate further.

Now, back to the original 11.1 non-legend related issue where layers don't show up in the output -- I imagine that works when you make the service pubic, right?

Please note, I'm not asking you to making your service public as a workaround, it is only to do some testing to help us get better understanding of the situation.

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@TanuHoque 

I did this with a map image layer off of a map service.

Not just the legends were not showing up, but the features were also not showing up. However, like I mentioned ealier with it being public now both the features and the legend show up.

Hopefully, you can find a resolution soon to to where we do not have to make the service public for the features and legends to show up on a print output.

Thank you for your awesome support.
Abi

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @AbiDhakal for providing clarification.

Once I get all the details from the analyst, we will dig in. We don't want you services made public unnecessarily either 🙂

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@TanuHoque 

Right, please we are waiting on a resolution so we do not have to make it public.

Thank you  for everything,
Abi