ArcGIS 10.4 Service Symbology not applying, Symbology is based on Field in Join Table

Jump to solution
07-26-2016 09:27 PM
bijupanicker
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have a service which consists of Vector Layer->Polyline features. This layer has a join with a Table. Symbology of the layer is defined based on Unique values of a field-LineType in the TABLE(join). This service does have feature access and map access. When i open the MXD for this service the symbology is shown correctly.

The issue is that when this service is published and then we view the service via javascript api, the symbology is not applied. The polylines are shown with default symbology..simple line

Upon publishing, i also notice that the identify operation on this layer does not return the attributes.I tried publishing the service without feature access, still attributes are not fetched, only geometry is fetched.

Also to mention that i am  using the same  service in ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 and ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 based system with no issues and symbology\attributes are displayed correctly. Only when we shifted to ArcGIS 10.4 we started having this problem

Has anyone faced similar issue? Has anything changed i n 10.4 or am i doing something wrong?

regards

Biju

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bijupanicker
New Contributor III

Hi,

Got solution for the issue, putting it down here...just in case anybody else faces similar issue

Applying the patch mentioned in this post ArcGIS for Server Publishing Patch  resolved the issue

thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
bijupanicker
New Contributor III

Hi,

Got solution for the issue, putting it down here...just in case anybody else faces similar issue

Applying the patch mentioned in this post ArcGIS for Server Publishing Patch  resolved the issue

thanks

junaidjawaid
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am facing the same issue when publishing the map service with table join function from Arc GIS 10.6. The service is returning just a simple message as 'failed to publish service' without further details regarding the exact issue. Can this patch work for this issue? also, Is this patch available for upgraded version of ArcGIS server to 10.6?

thanks

0 Kudos
bijupanicker
New Contributor III

As i understand, on 10.4 the patch should work for this issue. 10.6 should already have that patch/update incorporated..i dint face this issue in 10.6

0 Kudos