ArcGIS 10.1 Server Manager not loading in Chrome

08-22-2013 07:11 AM
JennaBernabe1
New Contributor II
I'm trying to access ArcGIS Server Manager via Chrome, and it's letting me log in, but gets hung up with a "please wait..." loading bar.  I was using Chrome to access Server Manager yesterday with no problem, and I've been able to log into Manager today with Firefox/IE without any issues.  I tried clearing browser history/cache, but no luck.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this with Chrome, or knows of another setting/option I should look at in this browser.

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
YangLiu2
New Contributor II
Thanks a lot for the patch. It's working in firefox 25 and chrome 30, before implementing the patch, ArcGIS server manager only work in Internet Explorer browser.

Hi,

I download the patch. But when I try to run that, Windows Installer show a error message: "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program." I think you can successfully fix the problem using the patch. Have you meet this error when you install the patch? Any thought? Thanks!

-YL
0 Kudos
JessicaViera-Atwell
New Contributor II
I just had a similar experience and when I checked in ArcGIS Administrator sure enough, I don't have SP1 loaded on the machine.  I guessing that in order for this to work one must first install the SP1 then install the patch.  Just a thought - I will test and report back.

Jessica VA
0 Kudos
JasonGregory1
New Contributor

Good day, I had the same problem after a new install of arcGIS for Server 10.2.2....the issue is caused when Java Runtime Environment is not installed on the server box.  After installing JRE, the problem is solved.  You do not need ESRI's patch for this issue.

0 Kudos
Durga_D
New Contributor II

The issue remains unsolved at ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5 version.I am encountering the same issue with Chrome version 56.

Surprisingly Portal for ArcGIS opens in latest chrome without any problem.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Are Portal and Server federated?  Are you using a self signed certificate for the URL you're using to reach Manager?  If I'm right in assuming what the problem is, this is actually a new problem introduced by Chrome.  Chrome is forgetting the exception to the self signed certificate, so when Manager redirects to Portal to obtain authorization and returns back to Manager, the exception is forgotten and the browser doesn't proceed.  You should see insecure responses when using the dev tools in Chrome.  The workaround is to use IE or Firefox, trust the self signed certificate, or use a certificate that Chrome will trust for 6443.

0 Kudos