Any effective way to display the list of existing ???Roles??? in the ID Store (10.1)?

11-24-2012 07:58 PM
larryzhang
Occasional Contributor III
Hi, team,

For security settings, we are using the Option 3 (i.e., Users from an existing enterprise system like LDAP or Windows Domain and roles from ArcGIS Server???s built-in store).

It looks that all work fine, except for that the system does not open and display the existing ???roles??? (admin must search and then the system displays), which is not convenient. Is this way considered to be more secure?

So, without 'search', is there any effective way to open the name list of existing ???Roles??? within the ???Roles in the Identity Store??? tab under ???Security????

Regards,

+++++++++++
Note,

It looks that if choosing the Option 1 (i.e., all are from ArcGIS Server built-in ID store), the system will open the name list of existing ???roles??? to Admin, without 'search'.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I don't know whether or not the interface within ArcGIS Server Manager can provide you with the usage pattern that you desire for your security provider.

If not then you can could use an external tool to find and manage this.  What I am suggesting here is that if you have a security provider then I would think that that system would have such tools.

As an alternative, you can program the ArcGIS Server REST API to do it as well:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/server-admin-api/
0 Kudos
larryzhang
Occasional Contributor III
Just for update;

This issue is already addressed in SP 1, which can display all �??roles�?? to �??admin�?? under the Tab �??Role�??
0 Kudos