All map services suddenly stopping in ArcGIS server manager

03-30-2017 04:56 AM
noormoqady
New Contributor III

Hi all,

all map services suddenly stopping in ArcGIS server manager as in the attached photo, knowing that i using ArcGIS server 10.5 and ArcGIS desktop 10.5.

what might be the issue here??

Best,

noor

12 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try these steps:

1. Stop the ArcGIS Server service from services.msc.

2. Open Task Manager > End Process for all arcsoc.exe and javaw.exe instances.

3. Start the ArcGIS Server service from services.msc.

How many services are hosted in ArcGIS Server?

What is the Memory usage (Task Manager) when ArcGIS Server is running?

If the total Memory usage is too high, try increasing the virtual memory of the system.

Think Location
abdullahqasrawi
Occasional Contributor

Dear Jayanta

Nmubre of services hosted in ArcGIS server is about 31

Memory usage is about 32gb (30%)

my question is what do you mean by “too high” could you please provide me with values to sense this

2- I notice that Javaw.exe consume about 6,700 ,000k of the memory is this normal?

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Too High would have been more than 90% memory consumption.

Does the issue persist after executing the steps that I provided?

1. Stop the ArcGIS Server service from services.msc.

2. Open Task Manager > End Process for all arcsoc.exe and javaw.exe instances.

3. Start the ArcGIS Server service from services.msc.

Think Location
0 Kudos
abdullahqasrawi
Occasional Contributor

Actually I didn’t test your procedure. All what I did is restart the arcgis server three times its just work for two minutes in each trial then all services stopped. So I decided to restart the services hosted in arcgis server one by one, when I restart firs service, all services started and working until now. could you explain this?

RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

What's the virtual memory allocation on this machine? Is it Windows managed, or set to a specific value?

abdullahqasrawi
Occasional Contributor

Its windows managed please see the screenshot below

BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

Randall Williams‌ - Old thread being revived here but I was hoping to see if I could quickly gain insight into the Virtual Memory and Paging options you asked about here. 

Is there a preference for the GIS Server to have Windows managed Virtual Memory and Paging or to set values? 

We are seeing some bad performance on a new VM with a new installation of Enterprise 10.6.1 - specifically, service going unresponsive, failing to draw (or print) and then seeing all the services in Server Manager in the "stopping" mode. Restarting the Server Service will resolve our issue. When we start publishing additional services we start to see this behavior start to act up. The CPU seems to run nice and low (below 30%)  and the Memory use is only around 50% at most. Seems as though there is enough resources for the box so I'm wondering about Virtual Memory and Paging allotments. 

Any insight or links you can point me towards. 

RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I go with the default - windows managed. It doesn't make a lot of sense to not go windows managed these days, given that HDD space is relatively inexpensive.

BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

Well then, looks like I need to investigate making that change. For whatever reason when this machine was built it was not setup for windows managed. derp. 

Thanks for your valued insight. I appreciate your time greatly.