Select to view content in your preferred language

AGS10.1 - Failed to create service "System/CachingTools.GPServer"

06-15-2012 12:17 PM
BerndMareth
Esri Contributor
Hello,
during site creation with ArcGIS for Server Enterprise 10.1 (final) I get the following error:

Failed to create the site. Failed to create the service "System/CachingTools.GPServer".
(also see attachment)

Is this a known error and does anybody know a solution? (the log file also only contains this error message and provides no further details)

Thanks,
Bernd
17 Replies
LinKuan_Jen
Emerging Contributor
Dear Sirs,

I have the same issue too. Has anyone solved this problem?

provided here are some logs that I gathered from ArcgisServer  log path

log under "arcgisserver\logs\WEBGIS\server" folder shows:
<Msg time="2012-11-06T14:35:46,534" type="SEVERE" code="8252" source="Server" process="12944" thread="1" methodName="" machine="WEBGIS" user="" elapsed="">Instance of the service 'System/CachingTools.GPServer' crashed.</Msg>

log under "arcgisserver\logs\WEBGIS\services\System\CachingTools.GPServer" folder shows:
<Msg time='2012-11-06T14:35:49,533' type='SEVERE' code='20025' target='System/CachingTools.GPServer' methodName='GPServerSync.ExecuteJob' machine='WEBGIS' process='1107244' thread='1107824' user='08b2f32b-c91c-4c12-931e-326be5c31095' >Execution of job j4b4a94d05890486b95c7a3a1b4fc8d17 failed. The service was unable to change the status of the job.</Msg>

log under specific map service folder which the  shows :
<Msg time='2012-10-24T14:45:45,402' type='SEVERE' code='100005' target='CA/caconduit.MapServer' methodName='MapServer.GetTileImageInfo' machine='WEBGIS' process='6976' thread='10572'  elapsed='0.00009'>Method failed.HRESULT = 0x80070057 : Parameter Error�??

I have installed ArcgisServer 10.1 SP1 under WIN2k8 R2 Standard, and i have disabled firewall, so there should be no firewall setting problem.

BTW, I have some cache job which completed  successfully while few of them crash with these logs shown, and ArcCatalog just hangs there with still processing status but doing nothing.

Any help will much appreciated

Regards, Bryant Lin
0 Kudos
SteveXu
Regular Contributor
Quoted from coomsie post:

"I've had this same issue and it appears to work if you turn back the security to

Configuration Settings

User Store: ArcGIS Server Built-in
Role Store: ArcGIS Server Built-in
Authentication Tier GIS Server
Authentication Mode: ArcGIS Tokens

I had it connected to the domain accounts ... which would have been better to manage."

Can you tell me how you turn back the security to ...? I installed ArcGIS Server 10.1 sp1, got the same error, tried different suggestions, still got the same error. Thanks
0 Kudos
BeckyColwell-Ongenae
Occasional Contributor
I was a hundred percent match to the issues experienced in this thread.  I just got done working with ESRI support, and the resolution was to repair the ArcGIS Server installation.  I'm working on a Windows 2008 Server R2 machine with 4 cores.

After cancelling my cache that kept crashing in Cache Status window, here are the steps I followed:

1. Close ArcCatalog
2. Log out of ArcGIS Server Manager in the web browser
3. Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Click to open 'Uninstall a program'
4. Right Click on ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server --> Click 'Uninstall/Change'
5. Click on the Repair radio button and Click 'Next'
6. After this process has completed, Go to Start --> Administrative Tools --> Services
7. Restart ArcGIS Server in the Services window

Now try rerunning your cache and hopefully you will have the same success I did!

Cheers!

~Becky
liujunyi
New Contributor
hi!
I met the problem,at last ,I solve the problem�??

solution�?

first�?install location�? for example  change  "C:\Program Files\�??�??�?? " to  " C:\ESRI\ArcGIS"
second,grant permission arcgis folder  everyone  Read an write�??
0 Kudos
JustinRodriguez
Deactivated User
Hello,
during site creation with ArcGIS for Server Enterprise 10.1 (final) I get the following error:

Failed to create the site. Failed to create the service "System/CachingTools.GPServer".
(also see attachment)

Is this a known error and does anybody know a solution? (the log file also only contains this error message and provides no further details)

Thanks,
Bernd

When this happens, just go to the path of the config-store and rename the config store folder (config-store_Old). Then just continue with the site creation. That should solve the problem. Please let me know if this doesn't help. Thanks-
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Frequent Contributor
Just came across this on ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1 and this post fixed it for me:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/44128-ArcGIS-Server-10.1-beta-2-on-Windows-7-64-Site-creation-faile...
0 Kudos
BenRay
by
Deactivated User
I am having this issue on an Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit machine after trying to create a site. Any fix? I am not using "multi-byte characters in my path" since Esri pointed that out in a bug report.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Deactivated User
Another bug may apply for 10.1:

NIM086181 ArcGIS for Server 10.1 site creation fails on Linux if an HTTP proxy server environment variable is present in one of the profile files (.bash_profile or .bashrc) for the install user, or in global profile.
0 Kudos