Access to Admin Resources not Allowed

12-17-2021 11:24 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, 

We are working with Enterprise and we just updated to 10.9.1. I attempted to use the Join Features on a web map and I checked the "created results as hosted feature layer view".  Steps followed - Open web map, Analysis, then Join Features, check box. But I received the error "access to admin resources are not allowed".  

After reviewing other posts, it sounds like it may have something to do with the web adaptor and maybe the upgrade. I am not sure. @JakeSkinner .  Attachments provided. @KailaBaumBach 

Hi Jake I saw your name on a few of the posts, wondering if you have an idea as I could really use this. Thank you very much.

Annette

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous User are you able to published hosted feature services to ArcGIS Enterprise?  I found the following bug:

BUG-000128322 : Hosted Feature layers fail to publish to ArcGIS Enterprise portal with an error, “Publish Service error: Access to this resource is not allowed”, when Server Admin URL during Federation, has a “/” after arcgis

You can check the ArcGIS Server Admin URL by:

• Navigate to Portal Administrator directory
  • Federation
  • Servers
  • Click on server name
  • the Admin URL will be listed here
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I can publish from ArcPRO to the Enterprise.  I am working with hosted feature services.  I am trying to complete the join with the create view checked in the web map viewer.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
BlytheSpendlove
Occasional Contributor

From looking at Esri documentation web pages (and which ones are greyed out), as well as this post, am I correct in assuming that creating hosted feature layer join views work in Enterprise 10.9 but not 10.9.1 unless the server admin url is updated to not have a "/" after arcgis?

BlytheSpendlove_0-1644943853286.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We do not have a "/" after argis.  Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
RezaTehranifar2
New Contributor III

Does anyone have any updates?
I tried this well and getting same error. I moved ownership of the hosted services to the built-in user and still same issue. Our organization uses IWA as well for its authentication system. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Great timing. Yesterday, with the help of an ESRI rep, we

• We enabled the anonymous authentication from the ArcGIS web Adaptor machine.
  • Created a built-in account inside the Portal For ArcGIS.
  • Run the analysis tool by using the built-in account.

It worked. However, then we noticed anyone who accessed the enterprise, or items such as dashboards had to log in. So we changed the web adaptor back.  Therefore, next time I need to create a view, we will have to enable the anonymous authentication again. 

Hope this works for you. 

CamposEPC
New Contributor

I have the same issue.  When you say, "We enabled the anonymous authentication from the ArcGIS web Adaptor machine" where did you do that?  Through IIS?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RezaTehranifar2
New Contributor III

Glad to hear! We have had same issue with enabling anonymous auth. It fixes all these issues but creates others....

As far as your join views, layer looks fine? Curious if you have done updates to one of the hosted layers/tables, did it update without enable anonymous auth.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes.  After we changed it back, I did to check to see if the view created still updated dynamically and it did.

0 Kudos