Access Site from Portal Homepage

Jump to solution
09-06-2019 11:42 AM
James_Armstrong
Occasional Contributor

I am new to Sites, but think that it is a very powerful presentation method.  After watching several video and reading several articles on Sites, I have successfully set up 1st.  Some more tweaking and content editing is needed, but it is there.

I saw in one of the videos where it was suggested that the Site applications be put in a group so as to present the sites as a banner on the Portal home page.  Easy enough and I was successful in doing so.   

My problem is that when I click the site icon on the banner page, the result is to open up the details and summery page, instead of the Site itself.  Is there a process to change the URL so the site iself is accessed from the banner icon?

James

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm not sure if there's a built in way to do it, but a workaround is to add the site url as an item. This worked for me:

In Content>click add item>An Application>choose web mapping, paste in the URL for the Site, and add a title and tags>Share that new item with the gallery group

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm not sure if there's a built in way to do it, but a workaround is to add the site url as an item. This worked for me:

In Content>click add item>An Application>choose web mapping, paste in the URL for the Site, and add a title and tags>Share that new item with the gallery group

0 Kudos
James_Armstrong
Occasional Contributor

Chelsea,

Oh wow, that is cool. Thanks so much for the insight. It works perfectly,

0 Kudos