Select to view content in your preferred language

A request was made for service 'SERVICE_NAME.MapServer' but it did not have adequate credentials.

11-22-2021 12:42 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Our GIS team is currently maintaining an ArcGIS Enterprise setup (10.8.1) which allows map requests to be made by users. However, one of our key services is sometimes giving out the following error:

"A request was made for service 'SERVICE_NAME.MapServer' but it did not have adequate credentials."

Usually this works as intended - a user who is the part of a certain group can add data to this table. However, this only sometimes works (the credentials are accepted around 70% of the time). The credentials for these users are not being changed, so this makes me suspect that it is a network/server issue.

Has anyone had a situation similar to this? Other posts mentioned issues with setting ownership roles but that is not the case for us.

5 Replies
mapgix
by
New Contributor

@Anonymous User could you check if you have shared the map service to the group as well? sometimes if you have only shared the feature service you might get this error.

Hopefully that resolves your issue.

ValerieSquire
New Contributor

Hello- I am experiencing the same issue. Did you ever resolve this?

RedaAli
New Contributor III

Hello
I am experiencing same issue

0 Kudos
JoshuaMurphy
New Contributor II

Long shot trying to revive this old thread, but am recently experiencing this error sporadically in our federated ArcGIS Enterprise Portal (10.9.1). Has anyone found a resolution? 

0 Kudos
PhilippeChesselVdG
New Contributor

We do have the same sporadic error in our federated ArcGIS Enterprise Portal (10.9.1).

WARNING : A request was made for service 'Utilities/Geometry.GeometryServer' but it did not have adequate credentials. 

Is there any configuration related to this warning  ?

Thanks

Has anyone found a resolution?

Error code 7331

0 Kudos