When upgrading my portal from 10.5.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 server, I am getting an error message at the step where I click the Continue Portal Upgrade button on https://machinename.domain.com:7443/arcgis/home/createadmin.html.
There was an error when attempting to upgrade the existing portal.
Upgrade failed. Failed to import data to the database correctly. Failed to execute SQL file ' C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\template\sql\10.5.1_to_10.6.0\livingatlasdiff.sql'. UPDATE 0 DELETE 0 INSERT 0 1 INSERT 0 1 INSERT 0 1 psql:C:/Program Files/ArcGIS/Portal/framework/template/sql/10.5.1_to_10.6.0/livingatlasdiff.sql:9: ERROR: insert or update on table "gw_groups_users" violates foreign key constraint "gw_groups_users_ibfk_2" DETAIL: Key (username)=(esri_livingatlas) is not present in table "gw_users". psql:
I restarted the Portal service and attempted the installation again, with the same error.
I tried the workaround in this related issue: Upgrade Portal from 10.5.1 to 10.6 fails (giving the service account full access to the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal). That did not work either.
It was probably a nuclear option, but we:
In retrospect, it was likely related to a portal database locking issue (the new database was having trouble pulling data from the old database). It would be interesting to check the portal Postgres logs to see if a connection attempt is failing. If so, you could probably add a line to the conf file to accept the connection.
In my case when I was trying to upgrade the ArcGIS Enterprise from 10.6.1 to 10.7.1. I was stuck exactly with the same issue and the error was " Failed to execute SQL file C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\template\sql\10.7.0_to_10.7.1\livingatlasdiff.sql "
Since in my case case it is a disconnected environment and I am not using internet in my machine and also I am not using livingatlas; so for the time being to troubleshoot the issue, I removed the "livingatlasdiff.sql" file from its original location (although kept it as a backup) and tried to upgrade the Portal which eventually upgraded successfully from 10.6.1 to 10.7.1