10.6.1 ArcGIS Server lost licensed role

11-20-2018 12:37 PM
LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

For a recent GIS Server install (10.6.0), I had originally licensed it for the GIS Server Advanced role only.  Then after awhile I upgraded the license to also be the Image Server role (the server became both GIS Server Advanced and Image Server, and it stated both under the Licensed Role in Manager).

But today I ran into a problem.  On a new server, I did a fresh ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 install.  When that was done, I retrieved a license file for the Image Server role and activated that.  In ArcGIS Server Manager I was hoping to see a Licensed Role of both ArcGIS Server Advanced and Image Server, but nope, I only see Image Server.

This server needs to be both roles.  Why did adding the Image Server license role negate my AGS Advanced role this time?  And how do I get it back?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

Looks like I fixed that issue.

I just needed to get a new provisioning file for GIS Server Advanced and activate it.  Now both roles show under Licensed Role in Manager.  My previous provisioning file that I had used to activate the Image Server role, also had the GIS Server Advanced license bundled in with it.  A shortcut that backfired...I should have known better. 

0 Kudos