10.3.1 upgrade now queries and identify features aren't working

Jump to solution
02-04-2016 08:29 AM
KathleenBrenkert
Occasional Contributor

upgraded ArcGIS Server to 10.3.1 this morning.  Most features are working perfect, but I have an identify feature that is no longer identifying all layers and a handful of queries that just return a fault code of 400 (both old flex applications as well as newer javascript applications).  I have tried recreating the services and nothing seems to fix it.  I'm hoping there is a bug that maybe I have missed? I did install the service pack related to geocoding.  I don't really know what else to try except to upgrade to 10.4 which was not my plan. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KathleenBrenkert
Occasional Contributor

It was my native server client - I was using 10.0 and we upgraded to 11.0 and problem is fixed.  Just a note to anyone else who comes across this, we are using SQL 2008 R2.  I had to find the right files to do the upgrade from microsoft - I never did find the right ones from myesri (I gave up quickly). 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

What version of AGS did you upgrade from?

0 Kudos
KathleenBrenkert
Occasional Contributor

I upgraded from 10.1

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you try running your app in Google and hitting F12 Developer Tools and the console to see if an error is being thrown?

Then can you send screenshots of any errors that you get.

0 Kudos
KathleenBrenkert
Occasional Contributor

here is a screen shot of my log files, I'm not getting any errors using chrome, fire bug, etc. except a random fault code 400 on a few of the queries. 

logFiles.jpg

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are the queries and Identify features you are having problems with all coming from SQL Server and the other layers are sourced from somewhere else (e.g. file geodatabase, shapefile, etc.)?

0 Kudos
KathleenBrenkert
Occasional Contributor

all my features are coming from the SQL server, nothing is from a shapefile or file geodatabase.  Everything worked until I upgraded this morning, I think possibly it has something to do with my SQL Server Native Client. 

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It might...I was going to suggest making sure you have the correct version.  You can download from myesri downloads for ArcGIS Server....Additional Products

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

If all your features come from SQL Server, then I would think that all queries and Identifies would fail, but you said that some still worked.  That is why I thought you had multiple sources for your data.

0 Kudos
KathleenBrenkert
Occasional Contributor

It was my native server client - I was using 10.0 and we upgraded to 11.0 and problem is fixed.  Just a note to anyone else who comes across this, we are using SQL 2008 R2.  I had to find the right files to do the upgrade from microsoft - I never did find the right ones from myesri (I gave up quickly). 

0 Kudos