00090 & Cache not showing in Service Editor Window.

03-20-2013 10:54 AM
KevinNelson
New Contributor
I was trying to replace a cached basemap for ArcGIS for Server 10.1. I deleted the old basemap in ArcGIS Server Manager and intended to copy the data to the server when I published the new basemap. All the cache options in the service editor where locked to what the old basemap used and I could not change them, even though I wanted to. I assumed some data had not deleted fully so one of the IT people suggested he could rebuild the entire system from scratch to see if that fixes it. (by suggested I mean he did it really quick and then asked me does it work now.)

Now when I try to publish a dynamic or cached basemap service definition file I get a 00090 error message. I???ve never gotten this message before and am not sure why it???s appearing since I just want to copy the data to the server

I???m also getting Codes 24034 and 24033 which I???ve never gotten before. I???m not really concerned with those since I don???t want the users of the service to be able to edit the layers anyway.

Also the Cache option no longer appears in the service editor window. 

I know I haven???t given a lot to go on but do you have any suggestions on what might be causing this or how to fix it? I'm at a complete loss here.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Kevin,

The rows you are seeing in the analysis results window are possibly due to having the "Feature Access" capability enabled.  Have you tried disabling "Feature Access" under the "Capabilities" category and then reanalyzing to see if that clears up these errors / warnings?

Also, I am surprised that "Mapping" is not among your list of service capabilities.  It should always be enabled/available for Map Services.
0 Kudos
KevinNelson
New Contributor
Hi Kevin,

The rows you are seeing in the analysis results window are possibly due to having the "Feature Access" capability enabled.  Have you tried disabling "Feature Access" under the "Capabilities" category and then reanalyzing to see if that clears up these errors / warnings?

Also, I am surprised that "Mapping" is not among your list of service capabilities.  It should always be enabled/available for Map Services.

Thanks for the fast response Erin. Unfortunately it won't let me uncheck the Feature Access box under Capabilities. Any other suggestion?
0 Kudos
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II
Can you describe in more detail the process you're using to publish your service? 

You mentioned using a service definition file.  Is that still the case or do you have a map document (MXD) available that you could use for the publishing?
0 Kudos
KevinNelson
New Contributor
Can you describe in more detail the process you're using to publish your service? 

You mentioned using a service definition file.  Is that still the case or do you have a map document (MXD) available that you could use for the publishing?

This is awkward, turns out the IT guys let the ArcGIS for Server license expire. Thanks for your help it actually led me to finding out it was expired.
0 Kudos