Widget generates duplicate services in Portal

10-18-2023 05:25 AM
LiveHus
New Contributor

Hello 🙂

I have a Custom Geoprocessing widget in AGE 10.8.1 - the users execute the analysis and proceed to save the result by clicking 'Save to my content' directly in the widget. However, when the result is saved, the Portal seems to generate two Feature Layers. One well functioning Hosted Feature Layer, and one Feature Layer.

LiveHus_0-1697631078645.png

The Hosted Feature Layer is located on the hosting server and contains the correct URL. Meanwhile, the extra Feature Layer does not contain any URL and is not located hosting server.

I ran the GP tools separately in ArcMap to recreate the issue, but this seems to be happening in the Portal. 

Does anybody have any experience with this or similar issues and how to proceed with troubleshooting? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @LiveHus,

I would suggest to check the "Execution Mode" of the service once and confirm if it's set to "Asynchronous (Recommended for long-running services)" with "View results with a map service" enabled, screenshot below may helps:

ArchitSrivastava_0-1697951905973.png

If yes, just try by unchecking the "View results with a map service" and run the tool to see it the second Feature Layer is created?

Additionally, If the above doesn't help can share the "Info" level logs for the Geoprocessing service. To set the logging level for the Geoprocessing Service specifically, follow the below document:

Enabling info-level geoprocessing messages : Troubleshooting geoprocessing REST services—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Once, you enable this run the tool again and navigate to "ArcGIS Server Manager" > Site > Jobs > Under Service select the GP service and query. This will show you the Job ID generated for the latest run of the tool. Once you open that, it will show you details of the JOB run.

Hope it helps!

-Archit

0 Kudos