WebGISDR full restore fails for Portal for ArcGIS

09-02-2021 02:05 AM
Labels (1)
Izzat
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I try to restore portal through webgisdr but encounter error 

Failed to import site. org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "portaladmin"

Izzat_0-1630573146916.png

I found this solutions Error: Failed to import site. com.esri.arcgis.portal.admin.core.PortalException: java.lang.Exception...

but I cannot update database administrator account.

Izzat_1-1630573456452.png

Both portal are using portal 10.9 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LorenzMeyer1
Occasional Contributor

I have exactly the same problem, but with an ArcGIS 10.8.1 installation.

Did you find any solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
Izzat
by
New Contributor III

@LorenzMeyer1 makesure to use same initial password for portaladmin when installing the new portal

0 Kudos
LorenzMeyer1
Occasional Contributor

Ok. No other solution to change the password? I mean, changing the password in portal for the portaladmin user does not help and affect password used for the postgressql db?

0 Kudos
LorenzMeyer1
Occasional Contributor

@Izzat It's true that updating the Update Admin Account ends in an error "Failed to update admin account 'portaladmin'", but when you check the portal logs (debug level) you will see, that the password for the account has been changed. At least in my case it worked now. I could verify that with the pgAdmin Tool and connecting with the new portaladmin password to the postgresql database of portal.

0 Kudos
Izzat
by
New Contributor III

@LorenzMeyer1 that means the portaladmin password already change even you got an error "Failed to update admin account 'portaladmin'"?

0 Kudos