Upgrade Portal from 10.7.1 to 10.8.1 failed to launch after finishing the installation wizard

Jump to solution
08-07-2021 08:46 AM
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

We are upgrade our ArcGIS Enterprise from 10.7.1 to 10.8.1.  After the Portal for ArcGIS setup program(setup.exe) finished, the portal websites opens in a browser window, but nothing displayed. Checked the windows Task Manager, Portal internal PostgreSQL is not running. Tried to reboot the server, Portal internal PostgreSQL still did not launch.

Any ideas? Please help!!!

Rose

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

In case other people have the same issue, here is how I resolved it.

We did same upgrade in our Development and Staging environments, did not have this issue. But in Production, after the Portal upgrade setup.exe finished, clicked Finish to close the installation wizard. The portal website opened in a browser window without anything displayed. Wait for >10mins, still nothing was displayed. Checked the Task Manager and noticed PostgreSQL was not started. Restarted server did not fix it. From Portal admin REST API, ran Upgrade, this issue got fixed.

Rose

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

In case other people have the same issue, here is how I resolved it.

We did same upgrade in our Development and Staging environments, did not have this issue. But in Production, after the Portal upgrade setup.exe finished, clicked Finish to close the installation wizard. The portal website opened in a browser window without anything displayed. Wait for >10mins, still nothing was displayed. Checked the Task Manager and noticed PostgreSQL was not started. Restarted server did not fix it. From Portal admin REST API, ran Upgrade, this issue got fixed.

Rose

MaryGraceMcClellan
New Contributor III

Thanks for posting the solution! I had some problems in Production vs. Development and Staging when I first deployed Portal, so when we upgrade in the fall I'm concerned that we will have issues again. Bookmarking this post. 

HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor
Hi Rose the postgresSQL instances only starts up after post upgrade in 10.8.1 try cleaning out browser cache and running the url in another browser.
You can also do a [netstat -ao >c:\temp\ports.txt] on the portal server and see if the 7099 and 7443 ports are up if not then your web server is down.
Kind Regards
Henry

0 Kudos
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor
Hi Henry,

I did clean out the browser cache. I also tried to run the URL in a private browser window. And ports were open.

0 Kudos