Unable to sign in to Portal for ArcGIS

08-15-2019 06:01 AM
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

I am having an issue where I can't sign in to Portal for ArcGIS using ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro. I can sign in from the same computers using Mozilla FireFox and Internet Explorer.

It use to work all the time and I'm wondering if my I.T. department made configuration changes to the F5 Load Balancer. I can consume Portal features layers within ArcGIS Pro if they are shared with everyone. I've been troubleshooting this for a week or so and have made no progress. Please provide any feedback.

I can sign in to ArcGIS Online and other Portals that don't use the F5 Load Balancers. 

Tags (1)
6 Replies
RachelSears
Occasional Contributor II

Hi John,

Fiddler is a free tool that is good for capturing inbound and outbound web traffic to see what kind of error codes might be returned when the client is making the request to the server. This would at least help you narrow down what might be causing the issue. You may also consider reaching out to Technical Support, as there could be a number of different causes for this behavior.

Esri Support Home 

Hope this helps!

-- Rachel

JohnBrockwell

Thank you for the reply.

I did use fiddler. It didn't provide much detail.

0 Kudos
RuiMenezes
New Contributor III

Hi John

I'm having a similar situation. Any luck solving this?

Thank you very much

Kind regards, Rui

0 Kudos
JohnBrockwell

Make Sure you don't have a TypeO's in the WebContextURL.

Check (PortalAdmin):

Home  >  System  >  Properties

0 Kudos
StevenRamirez
Esri Contributor

Hi John, 

Thank you for posting this to the question to GeoNet. Are you able to provide any other details as to what kind of logins are being used by this Portal Instance? Enterprise logins using SAML? Integrated windows auth? Or Portal built in users. Or is PKI involved with this deployment? As Rachel Sears mentioned, fiddler would show more information as to what is occurring. However, it would require additional configuration. Please ensure that fiddler has been configured to decode encrypted SSL traffic by using this guide Configure Fiddler to decrypt HTTPS traffic | Progress Telerik Fiddler

0 Kudos
RuiMenezes
New Contributor III

Hi Steven

Sorry to jump in but in my case I have IWA. And my deployment is a simple Base Deployment.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Rui

0 Kudos