Standby Portal Index Never In Sync After 10.8.1 to 10.9.1 Upgrade

Jump to solution
01-14-2022 10:16 AM
GeoffreyWest
Occasional Contributor III

I have recently upgraded from 10.8.1 to 10.9.1 by following the prescribed workflow that is in Esri's documentation.  

The Portal site nodes are PS01 and PS02.

The upgrade completed successfully, however the issue is that the standby portal index is chronically out of sync.  It doesn't matter if it's PS01 or PS02, if either of these machines is the standby machine it is out sync.

GeoffreyWest_0-1642183888952.png

My content cannot be seen from the web adaptor URL, however if I hit the full qualified domain name of the primary portal at the time, I can see content.  If hit the the standby FQDN, I cannot see content.

I have tried to re-index, reconfigure, etc, multiple times, to no avail.  What can be done to resolve this?  Furthermore, how is the Portal index shared between two machines?  Seems like this is not truly an active-standby deployment if the WA URL is still subject to failure if one machine is out of sync.  Can anybody provide any insight?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoffreyWest

I resolved this by uninstalling and re-installing the standby Portal. I made sure to not stop the service on the Primary service before I did this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GeoffreyWest

I resolved this by uninstalling and re-installing the standby Portal. I made sure to not stop the service on the Primary service before I did this.